James River Transportation was recently recertified as a Fully-Certified Virginia Green Travel Partner by the Virginia Green Travel Alliance. The original certification was earned in 2009.
The Virginia Green Travel Alliance is the non-profit organization that administers the Virginia Green certification and works to promote sustainable tourism statewide. The program awards certification to tourism-related businesses taking voluntary actions to reduce harmful impacts on the environment through efforts such as:
- Elimination of use of Polystyrene
- Reducing Wastes
- Energy and Water Conservation
In 1998, the company’s headquarters in Richmond was designed for energy conservation:
- Energy efficient lighting
- Geothermal heating and air conditioning
- Automated thermostats
- Natural lighting with sky lights
- Reduced water usage
- Insulated windows, block walls, doors and skylights
In addition, the company:
- Recycles used fluids – oil, antifreeze and refrigerant
- Drains and recycles oil filters
- Filters and tests wash bay water prior to entering the sewer system
- Recycles paper, plastics, cans and glass
Additional information can be found at https://2018.jamesrivertrans.com/about/environment/ .
James River Transportation is a full-service transportation provider and event planning organization with facilities located in Richmond and Norfolk. The company also has on-site operations at Richmond International Airport and Norfolk International Airport. Services include motorcoach and minicoach transportation, airport transfers, transportation management, contract services, and convention shuttles.
The company has been in business for over 90 years and is a Certified Member of the International Motorcoach Group (IMG). The IMG is an invitation only partnership of the top transportation companies in North America. IMG members are committed to high levels of safety, service and reliability.